The daughter of renowned playwright, Wole Soyinka has been given an appointment by President Muhammadu Buhari.
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Moremi Soyinka-Onijala, one of the daughters of Professor Wole Soyinka as a member of the 12-member Ministerial interim Committee on the Nigeria Police Trust Fund, according to a report by DailyPost.
The committee is to help develop a framework to train and equip, personnel to tackle insecurity.
A statement by Odutayo Oluseyi of the Ministry of Police Affairs, said that the Minister, Muhammad Maigari Dingyadi, has inaugurated the committee, chaired by Nnamdi Maurice Mbaeri, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Police Affairs.
The statement quoted Dingyadi as explaining that the careful selection of members of the Committee which comprises of Directors/Heads of Units of the Ministry and senior members of the Police hierarchy was to meet various sector requirements.
The team is to draw up the take-off Budget for the Trust fund; Liaise with the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation for a suitable office accommodation for the administration of Funds; Determine the logistics and other necessary requirements for the effective take-off of the Fund; Develop an organizational structure for the administration of staff of the fund; Develop a timeline for the take-off of the Fund and; Propose a date for the inauguration of the board.
Full list of members below:
1. Nnamdi Maurice Mbaeri (FCA) – Permanent Secretary – Chairman
2. Dr. Kayode Musbau K – (DFA) – Member
3. Bombata Babatunde H. – (DHRM) – Member
4. Barr. Moremi Soyinka-Onijala – (PID) – Member
5. Afroka Emmanuel Chukudi – SA/Perm. Sec. – Member
6. Joseph O Egbunike – CP – Member
7. Shehu Usman Shuaibu – AG. CP – Member
8. Augustine Akpofure Saromi Fsi – DCP – Member
9. Jonathan Towruru – DCP – Member
10. Emeka Frank Mba – DCP/FPPRO – Member
11. Abel Jangnap Miri Zwalchir – ACP – Member
12. Zubairu M.G. – D(PSD) – Member